The Fellows Development Programme is a unique capacity building programme aimed at developing and sustaining a cadre of regional experts in financial and macroeconomic management. Client institutions (central Banks and Ministries of Finance and Planning) nominate staff to participate in the Programme. Nominated officials go through a rigorous and competitive selection and interview process to become Candidate Fellows. Upon successful completion of training, Candidates graduate and go through an apprenticeship phase where they facilitate courses and support technical assistance missions. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, Graduate Fellows are accredited and become regional experts in their respective areas of specialisation. More…..
The Fellow’s Development Programme was conceived to address the Institute’s mission of sustainable capacity building on an accelerated basis. The programme is designed to develop officials in the region at the professional levels with clear potential of development into world class experts through an intensive programme of customized training, professional exposure to renowned institutions, attachment at exemplary institutions and “one-to-one” mentoring and coaching of fellows using leading experts in various areas of specialty.
1. MEFMI has established an alumni for its graduate and accredited Fellows. The alumni is a platform for Fellows to share experiences, network and participate in MEFMI activities.
For more information about the alumni:
1. Congratulations to Ms. Abigail Nainda, 2017 Graduate Fellow for being appointed to the IMF
2. MEFMI establishes an Academic Board
The Institute has established an Academic Board to oversee the Fellows Development Programme.
3. Next Call for nomination of Cadidates from Member Countries will be open in November 2018.
4. Congratulations to the 2017 Graduate and Accredited Fellows
Congratulations to our seven (7) Candidate Fellows and four (4) Graduate Fellows who successfully fulfilled the requirements for graduation and accreditation, respectively. The graduation and accreditation ceremony held on Friday 21 July 2017 brings the total number of MEFMI Graduate Fellows to 64, and that of Accredited Fellows, to 53.